To change your Uber Driver profile picture, you’ll need to follow some basic instructions. With a few simple steps, you can easily change your Uber Driver profile photo within the app. Read on to learn some simple steps to follow, so you can change your Uber Driver profile picture and your name.
Changing Your Driver Profile Photo
Remember that your Uber Driver profile photo is what riders see before they choose you, and during their trip. It also helps riders clearly identify you as their driver. If you’ve recently changed your appearance, such as getting eyeglasses or changing your hair color, updating your profile photo is highly recommended.
Here are some step-by-step instructions to help you change your Uber Driver profile photo.
- Open the Uber Driver App and tap the profile photo in the upper right-hand corner, then tap “Profile.”
- Tap the small pencil icon in the upper right corner, then tap the camera icon in the middle of your current photo.
- Tap “TAKE PHOTO.” This will open the camera on your smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure your face is centered in the circles provided. Tap the bright blue circle at the bottom of the app to take your picture.
- Once you’re happy with your new photo, tap submit. If you want to take it again, simply tap “retake” and try again.
- After you submit your new profile photo, it will appear as soon as it is approved.
Tips for Taking Good Uber Driver Profile Photos
It’s important to make sure that your Uber Driver profile photo is clear and easy for riders to see. Here are some tips to help you make sure that your new photo looks great on your driver profile.
- Don’t wear a hat or sunglasses for your profile photo. Eyeglasses are accepted.
- Make sure you take the photo in a room with good lighting, or outside with natural light.
- Capture your full face and the top of your shoulders.
- Profile pictures look best against a white or solid-colored background.
- There should only be one person in the picture (which is you, of course).
- Check to ensure that the picture is clear and not blurry.
- Make sure that your face is centered in the frame and remember to smile!
Remember that you must go through the Uber Driver app in order to change your profile picture. This applies to all drivers, even new ones who have not yet activated their accounts. All driver profile photos must be approved by Uber, and the process usually takes around two hours or less.
Uber will verify your photo against the driver’s license photo you submitted to confirm that it’s you.
How do I Change my Uber Driver Name?
If you want to change your name in the Uber Driver app, you’ll need to update your personal information. To do this, simply open the app menu and tap on Settings. Tap the bar that shows your name, phone number, and email address, then tap the areas where you need to make changes.
Update the area with your new information and then click Save. You can do this if you want to change your Uber driver name, phone number, and email address if you need to.
What if I forgot my password?
There may be times when you can’t remember your Uber Driver password or it’s no longer saved on your device. Uber uses verification codes to ensure that you’re the person making the changes to your account. If you need to change your password, Uber will send you a verification code via text message on your phone.
Simply enter the code on the app to confirm you have updated your new password. Email verification is available on iOS only. Uber can email you a verification code to the email address you enter.
Just enter the code you receive in the app to confirm the change. If you have a new email address, Uber also sends the code to your old email address. If you don’t get the email within a few minutes, check your spam folder to make sure it didn’t go into that folder.
If you still don’t get the code, tap “I’m having trouble” for help. When you change the password, you’ll get a prompt to update it in the app. All Uber passwords must be five characters long or more.
How to Make More Money as an Uber Driver
Having a clear and appealing profile picture is the first step to attracting riders. But there are some other ways you can go above and beyond to help you make more money as an Uber driver. Here are some easy tips to help you get more cash from every single ride.
- Go above and beyond for your customers by offering to help them with things like carrying groceries or luggage.
- Provide your riders with exceptional customer service, and always have a friendly, welcoming attitude.
- Be professional and dress accordingly. You don’t have to wear a suit and tie, but try to look your best by wearing clean clothing that’s modest and business casual.
- Keep your vehicle clean and make sure that it smells good. Detail the interior once a week by vacuuming the seats and shaking the floor mats so they’re free of crumbs and dirt.
- Don’t use harsh air fresheners, perfume, or cologne in your vehicle, since some riders may be allergic or become irritated by strong smells.
- Drive carefully and always be sure that you’re paying close attention to traffic signs, construction zones, and lights.
- Feel free to strike up a conversation with your rider unless they don’t want to talk. If they’re busy on a call or seem preoccupied, simply drive quietly unless or until they start a conversation with you.
- Never use foul language and don’t get angry at other drivers on the road when you have riders in your vehicle.
- You can play music while you drive, but keep the volume at a reasonable level and try to find neutral music that appeals to a broad audience.
- It’s not a must, but feel free to put a sign inside your car that says “tips are appreciated” to remind riders that you rely on their tips as a source of income.
With a great driver profile photo and excellent customer service, you can make good money as an Uber driver. Always make sure that your profile picture is clear, easy to see, and that your entire face and shoulders are visible. Of course-don’t forget to smile when you take your photo, since you want your customers to see the real you and fully enjoy their Uber experience.